Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm a Gleek

It will be a matter of time that I'll stop watching American Idol  entirely and "swatching" to the new television musical/ comedy series Glee!
I don't know how or when that I became a Gleek, at first when I watched the series I couldn't be bothered to stick to the seat and watch the entire episode, I thought it was cheesy as it is not exciting as High School Musical because the people in the show are just covering charted or hit songs from established artist. 

Unlike High School Musical, we get to listen to new songs from the teen idols in the movie, dance numbers, cool outfits etc etc etc...I think I was not interested in Glee because it was just trying to be another High School Musical rip off with more drama and versatile cast to draw more audience from different demographics.

I guess it all started when Season 9 of American Idol started to get really boring, especially when I don't really have any favorite contestant this year. The contestant were choosing lousy songs to perform on stage and they did not show much personality on the stage. So I turned to Glee. First I got the soundtrack for volume 1 & 2 from Glee, listen to some of the songs, started to like them. And the chapter of Gleek started...
When I started watching Glee it was already half way into the series on television, thanks goodness Star World had repeats over and over again I had the chance to watch the series from the beginning to the latest episode!
One thing about Glee is that if you noticed, most of the songs covered on Glee has been done on American Idol, almost as good as AI! The singers on Glee are really good too, except for one or two of them who can't really sing live.

One thing I like about Glee is that the singers/ performers on the show won't get eliminated like American Idol, so we don't have to worry our favorites will get cut every week in a new episode. Unless they get suspended or expelled from school or Sue Sylvester the evil cheerleader coach successfully take down Glee Club!
It's also been a while since I bought a magazine, when I saw Galaxie magazine cover story was about Glee, I had to buy a copy of it to read everything of it about Glee!
To date, four album has been released from the Glee franchise. Glee Volume 1, Volume 2, The Power of Madonna, and Volume 3: Showstoppers. There's more to come in June when the fifth album is released - Journey To Regionals - when the new episodes are aired and more songs are covered. So far my fav songs from Glee are...there are too many to list here, surprisingly, I don't any of the albums yet, who knows when I'll buy them, the local CD store is selling it at a really expensive price since it's in demand, it will be a matter of time that I own those Glee albums...but I already have all the songs in my computer...and I'm still not over the songs from four of the album. Volume 3 will be released next week but some of the songs are already available on iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment