Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kelly Clarkson Live In Kuala Lumpur 2010

The moment I read the article from The Star newspaper in February that Kelly Clarkson is coming to perform in Kuala Lumpur, I was so happy and excited that the first American Idol will finally make her debut performance in Malaysia. Kelly was suppose to perform in Asia few years ago but canceled at the last minute. Bummer.

I was keeping my fingers crossed that no one will make another nonsense protest against another American singer from allowing them to perform in the country - BEYONCE! But Kelly is too good and nice to be banned from Malaysia.

25th April 2010 - The day of the concert, my brother, Suat and her bf Leo, and me went to the concert at Bukit Jalil National Stadium. The excitement of seeing the 1st AI indescribable - I keep getting chills the moment I stepped into the Stadium. Me and my brother got 5th row seat, while Suat and her bf was just 3-4 rows behind us, I had to SMS her to tell her I was sitting in front of her...I waved so long at her and she couldn't even see me...LOL

Hitz.FM Natalie was entertaining to crowd and kept on promoting Hotlink, she irritated me...I didn't know whether it was the constant reminder of promoting Hotlink or just trying to make the crowd scream for nothing. 1st Malaysian Idol Jaclyn Victor opened the show with a medley of her songs, it's my 1st time seeing her perform live, her vocals were great as usual but her stage presence is so boring, she was just singing and walking around in a boring way which didn't get alot of attention from the crowd. The same goes for Suki from OIAM. Don't get me started with the dress she was wearing...she dressed herself as in she's the stars of the night.

The lights went off, the band was in their places, the music started playing, I could not recognized what song was that until Ms Clarkson came out from the middle part of the stage singing All I Ever Wanted and everyone started scream...the atmosphere changed immediately and everyone was hyped up! Reason I didn't recognize the song - Kelly changed the arrangement! LOL
Kelly performed most of her singles from 4 of her album and turned some of her songs mostly from her My December album into acoustic version which was really nice! Kelly also cracked a few jokes saying that she's sweating herself to death...LOL
 
There's one song that I really really want to see her perform - her winning song from American Idol - A Moment Like This...but no...she didn't perform that song.

There's one thing I realized from observing the Malaysian crowd - these people don't know some of her songs...I was like - seriously? Example: Miss Independent - I Want You - Impossible - Low. I was like...those are some of the nicest songs from her albums...
 
Kelly made a few changes on her songs like changing some of the keys and notes - which sounds better when performed live...The stage lighting also helped by changing the audience moods...it's like almost watching American Idol!

And her final performance - My Life Would Suck Without You, got the audience jumping and screaming...I threw my hands in the air - jumping - singing - screaming - all hyped up!!! The concert ended a little too early, people wanted more...hopefully Kelly will give Malaysia more if she ever come back...
 
As I left the stadium in my car, the police stopped me - to give way for Kelly Clarkson's car - WOOHOO - I flashed my headlights high and low and honk a few times - LOL...that's was the last time I saw Ms Clarkson.
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lolx..u wrote like u knw my bf..LEO sumore...grerr...n suprising i met u...haha...really suprise lo, i tot i will wif my fren at rm98 thr, bt leo gt the 228 tick n met u...woohoo...i also keep find u ge lo...i keep look n look c where r u...hahah..nice 1, gt u..hwcum u so geng har, can sense me cum d,n SAW ME...

nQw said...

Of course I can sense things ge la...haha

If not where can 8 so many things...LOL

Ken Wooi said...

so cool you get to go.. i tried to win some tickets but failed =P

nQw said...

LOL...I bought those tickets...

You need "connections" to win sometimes, that's how I win concert tickets last time...

Post a Comment