Friday, July 17, 2009

My West-Life

I think...i think...i've been westernized by my parents when i was young...ever since i was in kindergarten, i've been making and mixing with friends who are not Chinese, not Malay, and not Indian...but with errrr...friends who are from errr...the western countries?Another reason i can think of is maybe when my mum was working in a French company, i was always hanging out in her office...there's quite a few western employees...and i remember i like to take my Ultraman toys and run around in the company office...and the people treat me like a kid...well DUH...i was only in primary school

Then when i entered Lai Meng kindergarten and primary school, my friends are Caucasians? of course i mixed with other classmate...but my mum and another parent are friends...the children is in the same school and in the same class with me...and then we always hanged out together...Jasmine and Scott...their father is from Australia...and another friend was Serena but i'm not that close with her

What happened was...we lived nearby, that time my family was still staying in my grandmother house...i always went to their house to play...we even went to the same tuition, art class, holidays and shopping and Christmas!...so i consider them as really close friend that time
We even went to some Monopoly competition in Sg. Wang during primary school...we even won the whole game and took all the prizes home...LOL

And i was exposed to French people and Australians when i was young...i thought it was normal, and i didn't have really close chinese friends back then...i spent most of my play time with them...and watching western children programs (Power Rangers)

So i don't know anything much, and when i was in my mum office...there's a canteen that serve western food, and i always ate there...and when i was in Jasmine house, her mum cooks spagetthi and other western food...and i ate my grandmothers cooking when i was at home...i started learning to cook my own vegetables when i was in primary schools...

P.S. My grandmothers likes to put lots of prawns when she cooks vegetables...and i hated prawns...so i cooked my own vegetables and finish it myself...and my neighbour was a Western family...my grandmother/ my house was like in a western neighbourhood...

My parents likes to shop at Hock Choon supermarket...another place where many many many western residents shop for their groceries there...so...i was exposed again to such things

And my mum is keeping in touch with them, they migrated to Australia (they're born Malaysians) i got some really nice storybooks from Jasmine recently that is no longer sold in the bookstores

So, when my lecturer said that when we see those western people we will feel pressured or they being better than us or whatsoever...i was like errr...maybe she feel pressured...but i'm not...i grew up with them!

1 comment:

あきこ said...

oh! i dint know you were raise with 'west-life'! lolz~

Post a Comment