Monday, November 16, 2009

Beethoven Virus (2008) Korean Drama

It's another TV program that's related to music, I can't resist programs like this. It's like High School Musical all over again but Beethoven Virus is about classical music. Two musicians who retired from their musical careers for different reasons join together with a demanding conductor to form an orchestra against all odds.
Three people with different personalities (Kang "Ma-ae" Gung Woo, Du Ru Mi, and Kang Gung Woo) and different life experinces gather together under a common dream and they find love and the room to forgive each other as they eventually earn each other's respect.Du Ru Mi is a violist who was cheated by a conductor when she paid the Maestro to conduct for her orchestra, Du Ru Mi then invites Kang Gung Woo who is also known as the "Orchestra Killer" to conduct for her orchestra. Young Kang Gung Woo who shares the same name as the Maestro is a cop and also a trumpet player without formal music training. Young Kang harbours an exquisite musical talent under his strong character. The three musicians soon get tangled up in a love triangle.I came across this series when I was shopping for DVDs at Speedy Video store...after reading the synopsis at the store, i decided to buy the series, and i was not dissapointed. I really enjoy watching the series, some of the thing I watched in the series reminded me of the things I learned when I was studying my Music paper in college.The best part when you're watching the series on DVD is the quality of the sound, when the orchestra is playing in the show, you can hear everything clearly, every beat and tempo, the bass and everything...of course you need a cool surround system too..After watching the third episode, I noticed that there's some really good background orchestral tracks...I googled for the songs and found that there's a soundtrack for the series and saw that there's more than 20 tracks of orchestral background music from the series, all are original composed songs for the series. So i got the Special Edition Beethoven Special Soundtrack which consist of 3 music CDs.
The first CD has 23 tracks which also includes a bonus track titled "Can You Hear Me" performed by Jang Geun-Seok who plays the young Kang Gung Woo in the series...the 2nd and 3rd disc are all classical music performed and conducted by various orchestral groups.

4 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

saw one or two of the show..
but didnt get hooked.. =)

kenwooi.com

Esther said...

i've watched it already...! i like tv programmes related to music too.. hv you watched nodame cantabile? it came out a few years ago.. the series.. i heard the movie is coming out next year... there are 2 parts of the movie... (or it could be out already, i'm not sure.. ) anyway,

nQw said...

I've heard of Nodame Cantabile from my friend...but didn't watch it, If I'm not mistaken I think it's a Japanese series?

drexu-kun said...

Hi! Just like you, I can't rally resist to watch this Korean drama too. It makes me to fall in love with classical music. It is one of my favorites which I have featured in my blog.

Post a Comment