Friday, November 20, 2009

Fong Lye Restaurant

After doing some shopping at KLCC yesterday, and meeting few of the High School Musical Summer Celebration cast, I went to the Fong Lye Taiwanese restaurant in Jalan Imbi. It has been ages since I last went there with my family. The last time I went there was ages ago.
The restaurant started its business around 12-14 years ago...and my family was a regular customer, I still remember my parents bringing me there for lunch every weekend after buying me toys at Sungai Wang Mall...

I didn't visit the restaurant ever since it renovated, so yesterday when we went there for dinner, one of the employee (captain i guess) recognized us...and my mum recognized her too...my mum was shocked that she was still working at the restaurant, she said she worked there since 1990. And she said that I used to go to the restaurant when I was a little kid...she asked if I still remember her...I smiled back, of course I remembered!! My mum was impressed that she worked for the restaurant for so many years.

When they served us the appetizers/ tidbits, anchovies with tofu marinated in sweet sour sauce, the moment I took the first back, those nostalgic feeling came back to me, the food still taste the same, that plate of of appetizers is filled with nostalgic memories...

And we ordered the main dish that we used to order back then, "Three Cup Chicken" which is my favourite, pork served with fungus and ginger, four angle beans served with ginger and chili, mapo tofu, and a new dish cabbage baked with cheese...My favourite is the "Three Cup Chicken"

The "Three Cup Chicken" is served in a claypot with ginger and basil...When I took the first bite, I felt sooooo hyper...I missed the 3 Cup Chicken SO MUCH, it was so nice!!! The others tasted nice as well!!! I didn't bring my camera so there's no pictures...

After the dinner, we were served a shot of sour plum juice...it was really nice and refreshing compared to the thick apple tea I had in another Taiwan Restaurant...and a huge plate of fruits for desserts...When we're about to leave the restaurant, the "captain" purposely came to say goodbye when she taking someone else order...how sweet of her.

We passed by the Chef Rasa Sayang Restaurant when we're going to get our car and coincidentally the captain of the restaurant was standing outside of the restaurant, my mum chatted a while with her and asked why we didn't go to the restaurant for dinner...LOL, my mum suggested lobster when we go Chef Rasa Sayang for dinner next time...

The Fong Lye Restaurant at The Gardens shares the same name with the one in Jalan Imbi and Desa Sri Hartamas but the one at The Gardens serves "fast food" and its cheaper.

2 comments:

JoyC said...

Sounds so good when you describe it. Although I'm not that into Chinese food (seriously), you make it sound like gold on a fork! XD In a way.

あきこ said...

oh so it gets a good review! i'll bring my family there to eat once in a while. ^__^ hope to try the food there.. is it always full at meal hours?

Post a Comment