Friday, November 13, 2009

Mr. Insulter EuroDeli

It's bad enough when a 40++ year old lecturer gives a boring lecture, but to praise himself as a powerful speaker after in a boring almost empty lecture hall is like taking narcissism to a whole new level!

Imagine this: after 5 weeks of his lecture, i have no idea what he taught us! My definition of a good speaker and lecturer is when students pay 100% attention to their speech and understands the message that they convey!

This STUPID Mr. EuroDeli can't even pronounce Nike and Apple properly. During one of his lecture, he was yapping away and suddenly he said something - "Nick-Kay", i didn't know what he was saying until he said "Nick-Kay" the sport brand!!! I was like "What The...!!!" "Nick-Kay"? Are you kidding? He can't even pronounce Nike properly and he calls himself a good speaker? Everyone in the lecture hall was laughing away at him and he taught he was giving a good speech and continued yapping about his "Nick-Kay" and he doesn't know what we're laughing about...

Everytime before his lecture, he takes more than 5 minutes to open his file from the pen drive. The STUPID excuse he gave us was and I quote him "I'm using Vista at home and the college is using XP"! Are you kidding?! It's the same way to open the files from your pendrive on Microsoft Vista and XP!!! And he gave such a STUPID excuse! And when he uses the PowerPoint slides, he doesn't switch it to full-screen slide show mode. We can see everything on the projector. (Maybe he doesn't know how to switch to full-screen slide show mode) LOL

Last week, his lecture was boring again (as usual), there was some content error in his Power Point slides, apparently the content was not linked to the next slide, and he didn't know what content was missing in his slide, guess how he solve his problem...he SKIPPED the WHOLE thing and went to the next sub-topic...This happen a few times last week, so many slides and sub-topic was skipped and we had no idea what we are learning anymore. Since we're lost, and he pretended nothing happened, we just chat away among ourselves after that.

His voice...is so loud!!! His hobby is to scream suddenly and raise his voice during his speech, I can feel my eardrums are trying to pop and bleed everytime, and I have to cover one side of my ears because his voice is so loud and it really hurt my ears...I'm serious about it! And I heard other course mates saying that his saliva spits is really terrible when he's talking (I experienced it in the tutor class when i saw his saliva is leaking from both sides of his mouth...EUW MUCH!)

His walking and standing posture, is definitely a sore to the eyes. The way he walk is like trying to kick the small stones on the ground, it looked so uncivilized to me, and when he stands, he pulls his pants up to his tummy and the whole pants looked so "yucky"...*vomits* I can't describe it.

I think Mr. EuroDeli don't realise this, his hands is always making weird gesture on the table like the finger move from left to right and right to left when he's talking, and drawing circles on the table with his fingers....that's so creepy!

My purpose of this post, he insulted me and my class, or should I say...my course MS today. In the tutorial class today, he picked me to answer his tutorial questions, when I was about to answer he asked to use my own words, i wasn't prepared to use my own words, so I just translated the text on the book to my own words without preparation...and I was translating and talking at the same time and I wasn't presenting it properly (even I myself know I'm not presenting properly) I answered all his questions with the correct answers, and he told me to "talk more"

I was like..."talk more" about what?! I stood there quietly and waited and looked at him...and he wanted the advantages of the things I said...WTH...the questions on the whiteboard didn't want advantage answers...and he gave me F for giving such a lousy speech...F!@# LAH, STUPID MAN don't even know what he wants in his questions and asked for answers that is not related to the question! This happened again when my classmate presented his answers for the 2nd question, Mr EuroDeli wanted something else again, another classmate tried to help the 2nd "victim" and Mr EuroDeli screamed and shouted at her when she helped victim 2 to answer the question...WTH!

And the end of the tutorial class...he said our course is "Rojak" WTH!!! How can a lecturer insult his own students and the course that he's teaching?! I no longer have any respect towards him.

P.S: Rojak is a Malaysian food. Cucumbers, Pineapples, Papayas, and few other fruits are mixed together with spicy prawn paste.

3 comments:

hcvvorld of Travels, Lifestyle and Photography said...

is he a local or a foreigner? any local would know how to pronounce 'Nike' leh..lol
I had a lecturer from India (he not a narcist though) some of his pronounciations were of Indian slang..eg. Mercury ( he pronounced as Ma-ka-ri..)hehe..maybe he likes curry a lot

nQw said...

He's local...really hate him!

KwOnG FeI said...

well i think everywhere also has problematic lecturer..
in mine uni, a lecturer asked the student to be successful is to be jealous at people success. ask all the students to be jealous at others to be successful. in exam hall, he say every 1 is limited to 3 ques per students cannot ask more. He is a foreign lecturer and his slang is hard to understand. when he writes on the white board in dark room during slide presentation, he uses a 10% left ink marker pen and write as tiny as ant. We hate him so much.

Post a Comment